ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember either a "For Sale" ad, or a posting in this forum about original headliner fabric for sale.

I have a local guy who can install new headliner in my '83 280ZXT with T-tops, BUT he can't quite match the color (gray) which is, of course, on the backs of the sun visors.

Does anyone know where I could find some headliner material, or kits, that match the original factory colors?

TIA from rancherjim

· Registered
255 Posts
I have the same car with the same fabric you are talking about - and the same problem! Motorsport Auto seems to have what we need. I'm thinking about ordering their kit fairly soon. They claim the color is a close match. Check it out on Page 32 of their latest catalog.

Tom D.

· Registered
264 Posts
I just went to a fabric store and found the closest I could. I quickly found what I was looking for and it cost me about $10 for fabric, glue, and a paintbrush for putting it on with. The hardest part was cutting the fabric out in the shape of the H shaped board that fits the roof. I sanded down the surface of the wood a little to make sure all the previous glue was off and then covered it with glue.. then carefully put my H of fabric on top of it. The edges were not very important because they are well hidden by the way the wood thing fits back in the roof.
I suprised myself at how well it turned out, it looks like factory but feels softer =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.