ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are those things called that make z31 lights look like z32? are they just some kind of headlight covers because I cant seem to find them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was wondering...How do those headlights look when they are actually on? I've seen a lot of the pictures but only during the day when the headlights aren't popped up (obviously) just wondering what they llook like when the headlights are up

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
No those are down...hey Z bum...what kinda marker lights are those in the bumper...is that the euro split ones I heard about? Also what rims are those? Something like that would look sweet on my DSM.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
No clue on the wheels. have you checked wheelshow? The picture is one of the calendar submittals from a UK owner.

Never seen one of the cars with the headlights up and the plastic in place.

Post Edited (Nov 2, 3:03pm)

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Is it really all that bad as far as visibility with the lights down? I'm going to try and install my Hella H4s in my 85 but I think it'd look lame having bluish lights as the main light, and the yellow halogen driving lights on.

I didn't know the MSA covers looked that good. Mine's the brownish metallic gray (#218), I wonder if my car would look that good with headlight covers and having them on when down.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I have done the mod and my lights are always down. I can raise them, but the difference is so little that I never do. I dont even have to turn my brights on, but apparently I have the only z31 in the world that will allow you to even use the brights with the headlights down. I guess they're supposed to raise on their own when you flip the brights on, even after performing the mod.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
what vacuum line from the motor? there is no vacuum line connected to the headlight lifters. To mod them to turn on while down, you have to unplug a connector under the steering wheel. This will allow the lights to turn on while down, but still raise if you hit the button on your dash.

You can make them stay down permanently by unplugging the headlight lifters or by completely removing them.

I have no idea why my lights work differently than everybody elses, but I seem to be the only one who can simply unplug the connector and turn my brights on without the lights raising by themselves. The only reason I haven't permanently removed the lifters is because my car works this way.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
to quote myself:

"Author: phxZ31
Date: Nov 1, 9:42pm

I have done the mod and my lights are always down. I can raise them, but the difference is so little that I never do."

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
phxZ31 wrote:
> I have done the mod and my lights are always down. I can raise
> them, but the difference is so little that I never do. I dont
> even have to turn my brights on

You must not drive on dark roads then. Like, out of town.

I never need them raised either. Unless I'm driving to Flag or some other roads with no street lights. In which case it makes a HUGE difference.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.