ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this morning i come out of my house and notice that ONE of my headlights is on........ yeah exactly! only one........ i got into the car and touched the switch and it shut off.......... i figure I just need a new switch.......... but its kinda funny that only one was on. Why not both?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The same thing happened to my 300Z only my right light came on OK but did not have a high beam. Not good if the Ohio Highway Patrol safety checks your car.

It was the switch .....but the kicker is NOBODY has a replacement switch for a 1989...I mean NOBODY.

Don't start on me by saying the switch part number is listed and is available at wherever...

I called all over the country trying to find the switch including a call to Nissan North America....NOBODY. It might be listed as available but it's not. I thought I might find one in the parts bin of several large Nissan dealerships...No luck.

The Z Barn in Tenn. was familiar with my problem and provided the only solution available. Replace the entire 89 stalk with an 84-88 stalk. 89 was the only year to use that particular switch. Bottom line...

Around $125 for a new stalk with installation instructions. Bingo! The lights work fine and a switch is now available for 84-88 stalk should the problem repeat.

Be aware if you have an 89.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it did it again this morning............. **** good thing ive got a good battery.........

good thing ive got an 86!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
You guys are just TOO funny. I have a headlight switch. This is out of an 9/88 300zx. This will fit. The last guy backed out, so it's up for grabs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.