ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of aftermarket headlights for a z31 that don't have the pop-ups? I've done a mod which prevents the stock lights from popping up, but it limits visibility a little... I was hoping there was some aftermarket kit which would look more like the z32? Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
The mod you read about only keeps the lights from going up on low beams. If you hit your high beams or the headlight up switch they still will go up. But I don't think anyone offers any bolt on mods for lights. Anything will have to be fabricated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, dmntd. You're correct, with that mod the headlights -will- come up if I turn on the brights. Sucks that there aren't any bolt ons to replace the stock lights, though :( I've been trying to see if i can find anything on the Japanese market (300zr, Fairlady), but haven't had much luck on that front, either...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I built a model of a later Z31 once that had something like you are looking for. The lights were set back further and the headlight doors were replaced by a clear plexiglass? cover sort of like on our 1st & 2nd gen cars.

More pics on page 4 of my car site.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
whats wrong with the pop up headlights. its part of what makes the Z31 the Z31! you dont want pop ups? move another generation up (Z32)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Peanut, that's pretty much what I'm trying to get on my Z.

There's nothing -wrong- with pop-up headlights, I just don't care much for them. Admittedly, the Z's pop-ups are much better than most other cars' I've seen, but just not my taste. The headlights are the only thing on the z31 I don't absolutely love...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I defanitely agree with oubliette69, so Im going to be really nice and share my idea with ya'll.......... have you ever seen the headlight on a 94-96 gand prix GT...... I havent tried it yet, but im thinking about it. i think if i were to cut off the blinker it would fit.. im sure there will be some space to fill in.. and you would want to get rid of the old housing..... but if it was done right, i think it would look ****.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.