ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I posted a while ago that my lights would not go off. It was just the fuse but I think the switch is bad too as it is very inconsistent. I was going to take a suggestion and clean it out with some spray so thank you for the help on that!

Now my lights will not turn off and I am sure that it is the switch as it 'catches' depending on how hard etc you mess with it. Anyhow there is a white with red stripe wire that is about to [melt?] off.? The solder (however you spell it; I am in a hurry) is melting and running toward the red wire contact. (You can see this wire if you are sitting in the drivers seat and pull yourself over the stearing wheel towards the windshield. It is the one on the top and right side back toward you (out of a total of 4 wires).)

Do I just put some more solder on there?

Is this a big issue I would guess?

Could I eliminate the right side of the switches easily? Just put the lights and wipeers on a different kind of switch and mount that somewhere else? (I do not have wiper fluid and took the bottle out anyhow.)

Thanks for all the help... oh and one more non-related issue if you do not mind. There is a weird idling squeal but it is lower than a 'normal' squeal. It almost sounds like an idler or something but once I get over 1500rpm or so it goes away/ you can not hear it anymore. It is definitely coming from somewhere around the fan. Thanks a lot for all the help in advance and God bless.

Post Edited (Oct 15, 1:53pm)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If you have things melting then there is more than just a switch replacement. Heat / resistance and a lot of it allows solder to liquify. A switch may correct the problem but only temporarily. If you are not good with electrical issues you may need to take it to someone that is.
Noise near the fan? Too general, but it may be your alternator saying adios!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.