ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Oh ****!!! And I thought I would surpise everyone at the next Seattle Z show with my nicely striped screws. You beat me to it. Since my 90NA is Pearl Gold, I "striped" mine in burgundy. Nice contrast I thought.....matches my calipers.

"Knew ones" ??? Ya got me on that one. Not a clue.

And my point is: People, please make an attempt to spell technical terms correctly. An appropriate answer depends on that! Most readers can discern the diff between stripped and striped, but some misspelled terms could get you a radically different reply. The Z32 300ZX is one of the world's most intelligently designed cars - owners should try to live up to that level.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Haha, Oh Dave, I was SO close to typing the exact same reply! However, I figured I'd hold my comments and leave it up to the voltures.

Sorry Monkey, I don't have an answer for the question you've asked. If I had my spare headlight with me, I'd try and figure out how to remove the screw. Other than finding out how it comes out for replacement (if possible) I don't know.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The Voltures? Good one Scott! I don't blame ya for that slip - these damned letters are sooo damned tiny, anyone can screw up their spelling on zcar.com.

I cruised by your 4th Ave gas station in the '57 on Sunday, during one beautiful afternoon among an entire month of crappy rainy ones, and wondered if youse is still working there.

Regarding a Z32 gathering in Seattle - I think January is a dead loss due to this horrible weather. Let's think about mid February? We could well have a False Spring heat wave of 60 degrees about then.

I'm pleased to hear The Red Baron is back on the road. Everything fine except for the leaky turbo?

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Indeed I'm still working there! I wasn't working this last Sunday due to a sudden head cold :(

February sounds good for a meet, we'll have to be watching the forecast (and the schedules (ps: the 11th won't work for me)).

I've been driving the car around for a couple days carefully, really just monitoring the oil pressure and all. It seems to drive alright, but it's torture not being able to feel the boost throw me back in the seat! Hopefully, I'll have the new set of turbos in before our meet, and most of my break in period will be done. As of now, it's just good to be driving her again :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I used several replacement gears.

There is a procedure (search this forum), but it was set up for using rear end bevel gears from a Tomica (sp?) radio controlled car. I tried this, but it did not work well (I kept splitting the gears when pressing onto the adjuster shaft).

I ended up using bevel gears from a standard Boston Gear catalog, cut them down on the lathe to get them to fit, pressed them on the small shafts and rebuilt the headlight adjuster with steel gears.

If you cannot find any better help, e-mail me and I will find the gear numbers that work tonight and give you better help.

I should have written a better technical article, but I was in a hurry, and could not take pictures.

Glen
78 280Z
94 300ZX 2+2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.