ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that only one of my headlights was on. I tried replacing it, but the replacement wouldn't work. I tried the good headlight in the bad headlight's socket, and it wouldn't turn on. I tested the voltages at the two sockets, and the good socket showed 12V, and the bad socket showed 7V. Any ideas?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just noticed that when I turn the headlights on the problematic headlight will turn on, and then after a couple seconds fade off.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's the headlight switch...mine did the same thing, but both lights wouldn't come on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It could be to do with the high/low beam circuit. When the headlights first pop up, they go on high beam for a second or so before going normal beam. Try putting the lights on high beam and see if both turn on.

I had the same thing a week ago, but it was the bulb. It didnt work on normal beam but did work on high beam, so when i switched on the lights both came on for a second, then one turned off.

Post Edited (Oct 17, 1:40am)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Replace the headlight switch. When the contacts in the switch get corroded you'll get all kinds of odd light problems. My 84 the low beam on one side worked, none of the side marker lights worked and when I put the high beams on the light doors kept cycling up and down over and over until you dimmed the headlights down. My 86 the one side high beam worked and the low beam on the other side, but not both at the same time. Plus the directionals were all screwed up. I've heard of guys taking the switch apart and cleaning the contacts, but it's a temporary fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the switch didnt do it,I found one problem(troubleshooting my blinking headligts)after I changed the switch the passenger low whould not come on.If you have the GLL it has a headligt sensor on the passenger side shock tower,its a little black rectangle box(1.5"x3")check connections.Mine had corrosion,cleaned it and all lights encluding driving lights work,but they still blink at 35-40mph!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.