ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has some headlight covers, this includes the louvered headlight covers, tinted, clear, for an 85 NA for sale. I'd really like to get them for not to awful high of a price, and in good shape. Thanks guys, would be of much help.

Ok, but the steering question, has anyone had the knuckle on the shaft that leads to the rack and pinion go out? Mine hasnt gone out, but it is very loose, and you can jiggle the wheel and it wont move the tires. I went to Nissan, and they said it would be around 250 FOR THE WHOLE THING. I looked at my dad and said "Junkyard" If anyone knows the piece I'm talking about, please give me some information about it if you would.

Thanks.

Post Edited (Nov 9, 7:21pm)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Same thing happened to my sister's 85 NA and my 85 turbo about 10 years ago. If I remember correctly, it cost me over $400, 10 years ago at a Nissan dealer. Nothing is cheap at the Nissan dealer. Go somewhere else.

A good Z junkyard is at the following link. They have over 400 Z cars on the lot. Parts are cheap and they will ship anywhere. They were a great source for my recent restoration on my 85 Turbo.

www.zbarn.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up my headlight covers from here: http://www.datsunrestore.com/
They were very good on the phone about helping me with my online order (a last minute change on my part). (under $60)

I got the clear lenses, for legal practicality, but they have smoke also. If you find some used, 84-86 are the same and will work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I guess I'm going to have to replace it considering you have to take the engine out to get to it :S And as we know, mines already out, so I guess this will just be easier. Ordering a new oil pump and lifters (had a massive clack) while I'm at it just to be safe. So yeah, if anyone has any louvers or covers for sale, I'd be interested in buying them, after all the torture the poor Z has had in the garage, it deserves a little attention :p

Oh, and I wa slooking on eBay the other night and noticed the headlight "eyelids" for the z32 models, and had a crazy idea to make my own for my z31... note "crazy" idea. But I am going to see what it would look like; Can anyone give me the dimensions of the front of the headlight? If not, I'll just go outside and get em myself, lol. It sounds like a cool idea, ut not sure how it is going to turn out, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Post Edited (Nov 10, 6:00am)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I'll check, I don't know what the part is called really. I just got in my engine stuff today, new rings, new oil pump, lifters, etc, only cost 350 from autozone though. What do you think of the eyelid idea?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.