Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya all;)

i'm thinking about getting the Headlight covers for 47 dollars from motorsport, but this is a question for those of you who know about them or have em, are they worth it:)? I really like the looks but 47 is kinda high for plastic covers:(
any info is appreciated;)
a poor 18 year old Z lover;)
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Call them and find out what they're made of. 'High stength plastic' sounds cool, but doesn't mean much. If they're Lexan the price is probably reasonable, that stuff can get expensive. Some other brand of polycarbonate might be ok too, but anything less and you'll eventually have a nice set of cracked 47 dollar headlight covers :)

> i'm thinking about getting the Headlight
> covers for 47 dollars from motorsport, but
> this is a question for those of you who know
> about them or have em, are they worth it:)?
> I really like the looks but 47 is kinda high
> for plastic covers:(
> any info is appreciated;)
> a poor 18 year old Z lover;)
> yuichi

·
Registered
195 Posts
> hiya all;)

> i'm thinking about getting the Headlight
> covers for 47 dollars from motorsport, but
> this is a question for those of you who know
> about them or have em, are they worth it:)?
> I really like the looks but 47 is kinda high
> for plastic covers:(
> any info is appreciated;)
> a poor 18 year old Z lover;)
> yuichi

Yes, the covers are tough stuff. The stand up to most anything. A good cruising buddy of mine, and a guy in my car cliub have them, and they aren't cracked or broken, evee after years of use.

You had best invest in a good set of driving lights also, because after the covers are on your normal headlights, you can't see anything.

Chris Behney

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Yes, the covers are tough stuff. The stand
> up to most anything. A good cruising buddy
> of mine, and a guy in my car cliub have
> them, and they aren't cracked or broken,
> evee after years of use.

> You had best invest in a good set of driving
> lights also, because after the covers are on
> your normal headlights, you can't see
> anything.

> Chris Behney
hello. I have installed the clear headlight covers on my 81 280zx. let me tell you they are great. The clear headlight covers are made of lexan which is a tough plastic. The installation is pretty foreward, and only takes about a good 45min to an our if you want good results. you can fasten the headligh covers with the supplied 3M double sided tape or screw them into the headlight assembly.( I dont really recommend using screws because the headlight assembly is too expensive to drill) so use the 3M tape to fasten them. the only down side is that you have to wait 24 hours to mount the covers so that the tape can achieve its full adhesive strenth.
try them you wont be dissapointed.
P.S. I got the clear headlight covers because I live in California. The cops here can give you a ticket for having tinted or smoked headlight covers.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
> hello. I have installed the clear headlight
> covers on my 81 280zx. let me tell you they
> are great. The clear headlight covers are
> made of lexan which is a tough
> plastic. The installation is
> pretty foreward, and only takes about a good
> 45min to an our if you want good results.
> you can fasten the headligh covers with the
> supplied 3M double sided tape or screw them
> into the headlight assembly.( I dont really
> recommend using screws because the headlight
> assembly is too expensive to drill) so use
> the 3M tape to fasten them. the only down
> side is that you have to wait 24 hours to
> mount the covers so that the tape can
> achieve its full adhesive strenth.
> try them you wont be dissapointed.
> P.S. I got the clear headlight covers
> because I live in California. The cops here
> can give you a ticket for having tinted or
> smoked headlight covers.

heheh me too i live in california;) hey whats your e-mail? mine is [email protected] , where do you live in california ?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I bought a pair of headlight covers for my 82ZX. They were 50 dollars and smoked. I bought them because it is a type of quick release cover. You only drill one hole for one screw, then the cover has brackets that slip into the headlight adjustment holes. you can unscrew a seperate hold down screw to take off the cover. the only problem is, is that I was in a rush, and the passenger side drill hole is a little off. So i am taking some putty to putty up the hole, and then redrill the hole. Other then that, they look great, and I figure the only part of the car a Chip or Cop is gonna see is my tail lights.

HEH HEH
JOEZ

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I waited 48 hours and the 3M two sided tape pulled loose (with a good cleaning). Ended up screwing them in. Plus the passengers side needed a bunch of weight and hassle to get a good tight seal. Probably a bad cover. Got them from Motorsports and they are really nice. Worth the trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.