ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there is a difference between Arizona Z Car's 6 to 1 header and MSA's 6 to 1 header. They sure look the same. Also how do they attach to the existing exhaust. It looks like there is a flange on the end of the header. My present exhaust slips on the end of the header and uses a clamp to secure it.

Does anybody remember the headers that came off the head and went straight down and then made a right angle and connected into a Y-pipe. They are like a 6-2 header. I saw a picture of them in a Bob Sharp Racing catalog from about 1990. It didn't have a brand name next to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
> Does anybody know if there is a difference
> between Arizona Z Car's 6 to 1 header and
> MSA's 6 to 1 header. They sure look the
> same. Also how do they attach to the
> existing exhaust. It looks like there is a
> flange on the end of the header. My present
> exhaust slips on the end of the header and
> uses a clamp to secure it.

> Does anybody remember the headers that came
> off the head and went straight down and then
> made a right angle and connected into a
> Y-pipe. They are like a 6-2 header. I saw a
> picture of them in a Bob Sharp Racing
> catalog from about 1990. It didn't have a
> brand name next to them.

> Thanks

If you want an excelent header try the Nissan Competition it is a tuned 6-2 that connects to a Y pipe or dual exhaust.
The other headers you mentioned are not worth the money. They are prone to leaks and usually need to be modified slightly to fit the car. I have tried the Arizona z's and one of the Motorsport auto's and had nothing but leaks and troubles installing. the Nissan header worked awsome and it feels like there is more torque than with the old headers IMHO.
Scott.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I talked with a local racer who has a race shop and who has raced for years. He is VERY fast, against porches and vettes. I saw him racing yesterday. He has a motorsports header but hates it, not recommending it to anybody. The problems:
it doesn't fit in the tranny tunnel, he had to use a large hammer to dent back the floor boards, by the gas pedal for it to fit. Also, the flange on it, and basically ALL other headers is not thick enough! The bolts that share both intake and exhaust don't seal the exhaust right and leak. He welds a little nub on where the bolt goes, on the back of the flange, and then grinds it to the right height. No leaky gaskets after that. He said the motorsports 6-2 is a very good header, other than the gasket not being big enough. He runs modified su's, and, well, other trick things. On the autocross track he runs in first almost the whole time, at 7200 rpm! He said, for the money buy the 6-2, have it coated. Do not wrap it, it sucks. Coating is much better. Also, porting the header to match the exhaust is okay on the 6-2 because it is double welded. This was what he said, and has been racing z's for years very successfully. Even with his triples, 6-2 is very good.
Joshua L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.