ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing an article on the net on replacing the headliner of a Z, and I was wondering if any of you guys had a link to it...spring break, nothing else to do.

Post Edited (Mar 13, 2:27pm)

·
Registered
25 Posts
how to replace one or finding one?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I had mine done by a pro back about 4 years ago for about $150.00 and I'm glad I went that route - it looks fantastic and without flaw and it has held up fantastically even under extreme heat.

I haven't read AZ's writeup however and I'm sure that it is good! Just wanted to offer the "other side of the coin."

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, thats a great solution for those with money, unfortunatly, I happen to be a high school senior trying to save as much money as possible for college

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, if you want to do it yourself...

(I may get flayed alive for suggesting this but...here goes...)

A friend of mine put a headliner in his custom ranger, and he was in a similar sitution. We went to Wal-Mart, walked back to the crafts section, and bought 10 yards of fabric. Pulled down the mold, sprayed some glue on, wrapped it, tucked it, and vuala, a new headliner. If you want to take it further, you can replace your other fabrics with the same stuff, although, I wouldn't recommend it. Just buy some black fabric, or whatever color you prefer, and give it a shot. If you don't like it, you're only out a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I did mine myself in '01. Looked perfect then and still does. I'm sure Bum's writeup is spot-on so go ahead. Just take your time. After attaching the adhesive to the board I let mine set overnight before reinstalling it and used 3M adhesive. It's a time consuming but simple job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just be sure you put all the stuff back in the right place. I got the metal clip for the map light on upsidedown... PITA to pull it all back out just to swap that ring. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.