ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience installing head liners? the one in my 76 is falling and its gettin on my nerves. What is the best way to get it back up (no pun intended), as far as adhesives go and such. It is the vinyl type with the foam on the back. I also noticed it is going to have to be stretched to get it to fit right. How do i do that?

Thanks

Mike B.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Does anyone have any experience installing
> head liners? the one in my 76 is falling and
> its gettin on my nerves. What is the best
> way to get it back up (no pun intended), as
> far as adhesives go and such. It is the
> vinyl type with the foam on the back. I also
> noticed it is going to have to be stretched
> to get it to fit right. How do i do that?

> Thanks

> Mike B.
Hi Mike,
I just redid the one in my '77, I believe they are the same. I got a new one from the junkyard which was i great shape. You can have one made up at an upholstery or kitchenette place. It just 1/4 foam on black vinyl have them match the original as close as possible, its cheap.New original type is not yet available. Get spray adhesive (3M makes a good one)from any paint or craft store. Spray the foan on the headliner with a nice even coat thick enough to be nice and tacky, then spray the metal on the roof. Line up the groove for the rearview mirror first and make sure that it extends under the vinyl covered trim. Then just try to line it up as good as possibel. For a reasonable aomunt of time you can remove and restick it to realign it to where its correct. If t looses its tack then just respray it. Dont panic while you are doing it, take your time press it up and smooth it with your hads, it ccomes out nice. If you can get someone to help you hold it that will make it easier. Idid it myself, it was a pain but I got it almost perfect. Any questions just email me at [email protected]
Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.