ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1978 280Z What is the allen wrench size for those bolts and what do they have to be retorqued to when reassembling. ALSO, what can be done for easy removal of exhaust manifold studs that broke at the Y-pipe connection. Anyone happen to know how hot that manifold gets when in operation, because I found some hi-temp paint that claims 1500 degrees if you bake it on for an hour at 650 degrees.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Re: other Q's

My Manifold paint is holding up fine, it's the 1500 degree stuff you get at AutoZone, with ceramic base. Not as good as Jet-Hotting it, but makes a rusty manifold look decent. Then again, I sandblasted it with aluminum oxide first, so maybe that's why it's holding up so well...

· Registered
4,289 Posts
And, what exactly is...

the name of that 1500 degree paint?

The guy at the parts counter always asks Year, Make and Model?

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Re: And, what exactly is...

Doncha just hate it when that happens!? rofl.....btw Chris (or anyone else) you emailed that you were going to do some engine painting too. I have a paint code for correct Nissan engine color that is NOT two part paint. I had it color matched at Dupont store to an original engine bracket. If you want it I can email you the mix document information

· Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: And, what exactly is...

I bought some darker Blue hi-temp. paint than what is on your motor. I wanted it to be a closer match to the blue racing stripes I will have on the hood, roof and hatch, after I paint the car white. Thanks anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.