ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I've used them in the past for lapping day cars. Yes they can be used on the street, but they do have some draw backs.

More dust: These will produce a thick black dusting of the wheels although it does wash off easily.

More brake noise: Most users do report an increase in squealing when coming to a slow stop.

Harder on the rotors: They do tend to eat rotors faster then most stock replacement pads. Most users of the HP consider their rotors a throw away.

Poorer cold grip: Some minor warm up period is required before they grip better then stock.

What purpose are you using these for. They were really designed for track and autocross days with the ability to drive the vehicle home without having to change the pads. I wouldn't use them on a daily driver, but for what they are designed for, they can't be beat.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The HPS is a much better choice for a daily driver, but you may also want to consider the Axxis Metal Masters or the Axxis ceramics. They'll give you about the same level of performance, but a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Bad Bad Bad, they stop you very well but will squeek no matter what you do and the brake dust will cake your whole car and not just the wheels =0)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
tsefreeflow, I haven't had a single problem with squeal on my Z with the Axxis MM's, neither have 99% of the other people who use them. I don't think the dust is any different from any other brake pad necessarily, but I keep my Z washed up, so it doesn't realy have much time to collect.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
In most cases, problems with the Axxis MM pads have been installation related. I have never seen a problem with squealing on a Z32 when all the proper brake hardware is present and installed correctly. The Hawk HP+, on the other hand, will squeal on a lot of occasions as will the Axxis Ultimate ceramics.

The Axxis ceramics are between the HP and the HP+ in performance. They have a slightly less max heat range and a little less grab when hot when compared to the HP+. I just switched over to the Axxis ceramics on my project car to see how rotor friendly they are, but Axxis (PBR) says that they should show no more wear then the MM pads. They do dust more then the MM pads do.

Post Edited (Jan 5, 8:55am)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Its not the Axxis MMs its the Axxis Ultimates the Dr. asked about bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.