ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have anyone here ever used "wheelskins"??

361 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  birdboy48 
#1 ·
My steering wheel is showing signs of age...if you know what I mean.

Anyways....I was looking at new steering wheels for my Z...and came across this "wheelskins".

I was just wondering if anyone here has them...they are a LOT cheaper than a new steering wheel!!

I wonder how they will look.

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-3210

Later,
generzx

#3 ·
i have one. looks the best I think of all covers. if you get one, be sure and really pull the leather string tight and get a very tight fit. I kinda made the mistake of not and it looks not so professional in places, but still looks good though. I recommend them.

#4 ·
imma get one as well. Right now i have some other leather cover, but i don't like it that much. So wheelskins i go.

#6 ·
Hi John,
It was pretty easy to install. The only thing that I would recommend is that the kit only comes with one needle to do the stitching. Go to your nearest fabric store and get a large needle (similar to the one that comes in the kit). By having two needles it will allow you to stitch a pattern that is closer to stock - that being like lacing up your shoes.

#15 ·
I have ended up putting *two* cheapo autostore covers ( one on top of the other !) on my 510 DD over the years, and I have liked the additional thickness they add to the stearing wheel.

They are also made of a foam backed material, and make the wheel a *bit* warmer to the touch in cold weather.

But they don't look nearly as cool as this one !!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.