ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel is showing signs of age...if you know what I mean.

Anyways....I was looking at new steering wheels for my Z...and came across this "wheelskins".

I was just wondering if anyone here has them...they are a LOT cheaper than a new steering wheel!!

I wonder how they will look.

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-3210

Later,
generzx

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
i have one. looks the best I think of all covers. if you get one, be sure and really pull the leather string tight and get a very tight fit. I kinda made the mistake of not and it looks not so professional in places, but still looks good though. I recommend them.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
imma get one as well. Right now i have some other leather cover, but i don't like it that much. So wheelskins i go.

·
Registered
673 Posts
shift's looks AWESOME! i've seen it in person. 2 tone white/black.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi John,
It was pretty easy to install. The only thing that I would recommend is that the kit only comes with one needle to do the stitching. Go to your nearest fabric store and get a large needle (similar to the one that comes in the kit). By having two needles it will allow you to stitch a pattern that is closer to stock - that being like lacing up your shoes.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Re: Have anyone here ever used

aces, that's a mirror (for blind spots)

Mike drives like a girl, so cars are able to catch up to him to be in his blind spot! ;-)

Post Edited (Jan 3, 11:16pm)

·
Registered
311 Posts
i was wondering the same thing.... if it's a tweeter, what about the other side?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pic Mike!

Dude...that steering wheel looks GREAT! I'm not 100% sure if I should go with a solid black or the charcoal/black combo.

What do you guys think?

generzx

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I went with the white black combo because of the theme I was going for.

I hope that helps your decision.

BTW, yes that is a tweeter. Solution for the passenger side, RHD single gauge pod.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have ended up putting *two* cheapo autostore covers ( one on top of the other !) on my 510 DD over the years, and I have liked the additional thickness they add to the stearing wheel.

They are also made of a foam backed material, and make the wheel a *bit* warmer to the touch in cold weather.

But they don't look nearly as cool as this one !!

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.