ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the car and ordered a condenser and new points like a goof assuming its all stock. Turns out it looks like electrnic points have been added? Do I need to do anything to adjust them? Does anyone know what type or brand these could be?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
That's an optical pickup system, aftermarket...I think it's a crane fireball setup. http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/9000-2006_.pdf
There are several other similar optical conversion kits out there, google around for "optical distributor conversion" until you find yours....They usually don't require any adjustment once installed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's an optical pickup system, aftermarket...I think it's a crane fireball setup. http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/9000-2006_.pdf
There are several other similar optical conversion kits out there, google around for "optical distributor conversion" until you find yours....They usually don't require any adjustment once installed.
Interesting, my car doesn't have the crane fireball or any similar looking box anywhere. Can the optical pickup system in the distributor run by itself? Im also wondering if my 72 tach has been swapped out for an older year one because the car came with a spare tach that might be the original...is there someway to tell by the tach face itself?

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I don't remember, it's been decades since I worked with one. ....I remember that some conversion kits needed a module and some didn't....
Google is your friend. Once you figure out what system you have you'll be able to download the instructions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't remember, it's been decades since I worked with one. ....I remember that some conversion kits needed a module and some didn't....
Google is your friend. Once you figure out what system you have you'll be able to download the instructions.
Thanks for your help. Will continue to research but it may be an Allison Electronic Ignition system from some pictures. There is a small box that I didn't notice at first located across the distributor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts