ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to rebuild a turbo unit out of a 81 zx.I check out Turbo city .com waiting for availibility and priceon kit.Does any one have any imput on doing this where to get kit ect.Turbo unit spins fine ,just has a little play in shaft.I am assuming kit has a bearing that will help that.

Thanks Mark

· Registered
52 Posts
Yes, I have used them on numerous occasions, and have been happy with their service and products. I bought one of their kits with the hope that I would be able to rebuild it. When I took it appart, the shaft was badely scored, so it was junk. I returned the kit, and ended up buying a rebuilt turbo from them. When I took appart my old turbo one of the bolts broke off in the turbine housing, and the waste gate door flange had cracks.
So far so good, the turbo has been working great for 2 years now..

Pete
MarkZ wrote:
>
> Looking to rebuild a turbo unit out of a 81 zx.I check out
> Turbo city .com waiting for availibility and priceon kit.Does
> any one have any imput on doing this where to get kit
> ect.Turbo unit spins fine ,just has a little play in shaft.I
> am assuming kit has a bearing that will help that.
>
>
> Thanks Mark

· Registered
5,829 Posts
I have used them and Turbo Power. I was not happy with my last turbo from them for technical reasons they could not seem to understand.
I have had turbo power build up a number of turbos for me and they do a very good job, and Dolby is very helpful to talk to on the phone.
I would suggest using them in stead of turbo city.
I have both of their number on my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt just click on the turbo page thumb and both of their numbers and links will be on that page.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info,much appreciated!They e-mailed back today with helpful instructions on how to approach the rebuild.I would have opened the box first then tore the turbo apart and then found it needed more.and been out the $112.00 bucks.Man I got this Turbo bug, cant be stopped now!

Thanks Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.