Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: hard to start after changing EEC filter and PC

No pinched wires...nothing knocked loose that I can tell...only thing I monkeyed with was the fuel hose to the EEC cannister, but actually did not dislodge it. This is an 82 turbo...starting seems to be a real chore, but it will eventually. I'm wondering if the battery is too weak now. Measures 12.81 volts..no clue about the cranking amps...Once when i tried to start it, the power was GONE during the crank...lost radio stations...connections are tight...previous owner said he had to remove the security system because it kept killing batteries...new alternator...don't know...seems like lack of gas AND lack of electrical juice...thanks for your help...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: hard to start after changing EEC filter and PC

The elctrical problem is the battery...coincidental the problem happened with the rough start...car runs great once going...freaked when the sucker revved up to about 3000 on its on after getting started this morning...am going to replace the vacuum line to the pcv valve tomorrow...I'm stumped...wonder if it is the same problem the other chap is having, bad thermotime switch or something...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.