ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this crackle like the crackle a CV joint makes when it's gone bad. I figured it's probably the half shafts since RWD doesn't have CV joints.

It crackles when driving straight and goes along with whatever the speed of the car is. Has anyone had this before?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well your car does have cv joints and sounds like it could be the problem. Does it go away when you apply the brakes?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mine car does that too its probably your brakes figure out what side it is coming from then try too tighten the bolts on your caliper and the bracket that hold the caliper. If that does not fix you may need some new clips that hold the brake pads in place there pretty cheap, try autozone.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You said it is a constant click that is consistent with the speed of your car and when you hit the brake even going 30mph it will stop? If it goes away when you apply the brake while the car is moving then its not the halfshaft. Yeh I have to retighten my caliper bolts every now and then and for some reason when my pads are worn down and when I hit the brake it will make a loud click just once though. I probably need a new caliper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.