ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
souldestroyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another 9-11 might not happen. However, I see a
> lot of internal things happening that will turn
> this country into a @#$%& pile.


I do too. At least I see a possibility of it. Look at what is happening in Jefferson County Alabama. Between Bo Pilgrim, JP Morgan, and corrupt local/state/national politicians the county is becoming a third world @#$%& pile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
So true, corruption in politics needs a good house cleaning. Private corps and banking have run without boundaries for far too long.

First step: follow the Canadian example and ban all lobbyists and private sponsorship/gifting. Lobbying is illegal in most of the world, let's follow suit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
MaelstrØm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So true, corruption in politics needs a good house
> cleaning. Private corps and banking have run
> without boundaries for far too long.
>
> First step: follow the Canadian example and ban
> all lobbyists and private sponsorship/gifting.
> Lobbying is illegal in most of the world, let's
> follow suit.

But we don't make laws...congress does. Good luck finding a congressman who would propose such a bill. There might be a few recently elected reps who would like to but won't. Anyone proposing such a bill would be ostracized and marginalized by both parties. Incumbents are reelected about 90% of the time. Think they're going to give up one of their sweetest job perqs?
The system is firmly entrenched. Even campaign finance reform legislation was a joke. It was supposed to level the playing field and reduce corporate influence in elections. It actually favors incumbents.
Truth be told there is no "good" party. Only a lesser of two evils.
You posted a vid...
I like this one better...who's minding the store???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlxBeAvsB8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Anyone proposing such a bill would be ostracized and marginalized by both parties
I absolutely agree - the result is that the system is fatally broken with no means of reparation. Grayson is shaping up to be a voice for the people, hopefully he will run for president.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,999 Posts
Rationalization?

No, I'm simply axing why I have to be put through a ringer, and told my country is such a ******* when we hold others to a different standard?

America is different? Fine...

At some point you have to MOVE ON.

Dwelling on slavery like it's some terrible thing that we, as a country, and MORE IMPORTANTLY we as white people have to pay a continuing pennance for IS BULLSH*T!

The statute ran out on that in 1915 IMO. MOVE ON.

Lets move past this and ask the RELEVANT QUESTIONS for TODAY:
Why are blacks of immigrant stock, not of native born stock, who have equal educational background seemingly unhampered by the claims of 'racisim' and 'being held down'....

When I can see Nigerians coming to America and becoming successful middle class citizens... I start to think maybe, just maybe it's not my country that is holding native born blacks down...

That maybe, just maybe it's their culture, or something inherent in their personalities that is holding htem back much more than simply the outward appeareance of their skin...

Unless they want to concede that in '400 years' of selective breeding we indeed did alter their genetic structure enough to make them an inferior race.

But that, that intimation gets people fired. To even think that makes you a racist. But nobody even wants to EXPLORE that possibility.

Because, like I said...when the guy can come to the USA from Nigeria with nothing but a couple bucks in his pocket and a college degree (er...from Nigeria) and be successful... what's Cleofis' excuse? Because M'bangwa is doing just fine with his Rolex and Lexus...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
I think you're axing a good question there Tony ;)
On the good side all the black folks I know are successful if you define success as holding down a job, paying your bills, and having a place to live. Those are my friends, neighbors, and people I've worked with.
On the other hand I read about the thugs, the gangbangers, the crack dealers, the people gaming the entitlement system.
Personally I think drug cartels and investment bankers do a lot more harm overall.
As far as I can tell all drug cartel members are hispanic and investment bankers are white.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
TonyD wrote "Lets move past this and ask the RELEVANT QUESTIONS for TODAY:
Why are blacks of immigrant stock, not of native born stock, who have equal educational background seemingly unhampered by the claims of 'racisim' and 'being held down'....

When I can see Nigerians coming to America and becoming successful middle class citizens... I start to think maybe, just maybe it's not my country that is holding native born blacks down...

That maybe, just maybe it's their culture, or something inherent in their personalities that is holding htem back much more than simply the outward appeareance of their skin..."


Couldn't agree with you more there, Tony. I hold a status card as First Nations (North American Indian) and as well hold down a job, pay taxes, buy appropriate liscenses for hunting and fishing, paid my own way through school and have worked since I was about 14 years old. The biggest and best thing Mom did for us was to raise us outside the influence of other status Indians. It is a cultural "victim" thing taught since birth to many people and it's time to get over it and move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
SMOKE SCREENS

Nothing is more destructive that a president pushing his own freaking agenda, which is retrograde and untimely due to the fact USA is facing the darkest hours on record but the naive voter, the one who watch TV news, what he see? last week for three days the hellion balloon boy(?), poor kid
media is the grand Mafia supporting this present administration: a year ago gas prices fluctuations were follow by the hour/Pennie, now gas pass the 3 dollar mark is OK, the war/casualties also by the hour, (as predicted, 108 in october and counting) no problem they are just numbers in a big puzle

the Antiwar people B4 elections realy existed?

or are they at home pulling their hairs and shouting What have we done?

Tangible antiwar protesters in Vietnam days spend alot of energy during the entire process, not B 4 election alone..And the war lasted 12 years!!! zero acomplishmnet.. other that blowing out of proportion the so call "public opinion" opposed war so instead of sending I million troops and, right or wrong, end the conflict, we kept a war based in public perception = disaster

I"m firmly believe that more of 8 years of the same regime is unhealthy for this nation, the "swing" is necessary, but when I listen to the uneducated voter saying things like Mccain is/was too old as a reason or to believe in "change"...who needs change? the rest of the world no doubt, the finance market need change yes indeed, this president is going to change greed? and the "naive" median income person who believe he can be an "investor"...most of looser in WS don't complaint, why? they lost tiny percent of their assets, they are RICH gamblers, for the median guy has ALWAYS been like going to vegas with his severance pay ...and the president is going to solve ignorance?. temporary patch? yes no problem he knows how to "cure" greed n ignorants, the entire village will pick up the tab

like paying with a stolen check book, by the time they bounce the guy is gone.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,999 Posts
Interesting take...

"For some reason, with leadership as Obama has shown thus far on the global stage, I cannot imagine a 9-11 happening. With Bush and the likes, yes indeed."

Is people's Bush-Hatred so blinding they ignore when the attack was planned?
Was this the first attack on the world trade center?

Guys, your hating of Bush blinds you to the fact that very little was going to change. The people that carried it out did not really care who was president when they did it, nor did they care much what the retaliation would be.

All they wanted to do was kill an American Symbol, because it stood for something they are against:

FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

Argue that point, gentlemen. Tell me that I'm wrong. They don't give a sh*t who is in the white house. I don't see any big HALT to hostilities to come to the table and talk with O'Bama now that he's president.

If it was because of Bush they did it, they would gladly lay down arms and come to the table.

They haven't. Matter of fact, seems like they're stepping it up a bit.

Must have been something Bush did...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,999 Posts
Rolling eyes heavily...

"Lobbying is illegal in most of the world, let's follow suit."

Where do you come up with this tripe?

Look at how the world is run, sonny! Look at the cost of competitiveness of American Countries who are forbidden from paying the birbes most of the other countries can easily pay to get business in developing nations.

The bread don't come from the established nations, the bread comes from developing nations. And there, lobbying is passing cahs under the table to get your bid preference...

Lobbying is illegal in Mexico too. But bribery and outright payouts of graft is constantly done.

You really got to get out more and get out of the ivory tower you put yourself into!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,999 Posts
The 'easy money' parasites...

Drug Cartels and Investment Bankers.

Well, one provides a service involving produciton, raw materials, and distribution.

the other is simply a 'service' with no value added.

I know which group I would throw into the large meat grinder first.

Without demand, Drug Cartels dry up. That is a personal choice, something I'm not so keen on limiting.

But Bankers? What do they ADD to anything, other than an overhead step and costs?

They are both parasites, but like a leech that draws down blood from a bruise, sometimes you live with it.

Other more voracious parasites latch on to your intestinces and drain the life's blood from you.

Nobody holds a gun to anybody's head saying 'take a puff from this joint or I'll kill you!'

Try buying a house wihtout involving a banker...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,999 Posts
Yes Dan, I believe this is true.

My wife is registered, and so is my son (Minnesota Tribe of some note...)

My wife didn't get any benefits during schooling from it, simply because it wasn't worth the effort to register then, she was too busy making something of herself to register for benefits.

It wasn't until she was older (35+) that she took the time to register, and made sure our son was registered, more likea geaneological exercise than anything else.

I know plenty of blacks who came UNGLUED when they found out simply because they were BLACK...that they didn't need to bust their a$$es in high school because they only needed a 2.0 GPA to get in. My friends daughter Jenny, for instance busted her a$$ in extra cirriculars and academics to come out as class valedictorian with a 4.0+ GPA. When she found out that many of the girls in the college class at Fla State had a 2.0 or less GPA and got accepted into the same program as her....and her friends who happened to be white had higher grades and WER NOT accepted...she came unglued about 'fairness'...

If you want a society to succeed, you got to keep the rules stable for everybody. hold the line on academics---everybody wins. There is always junior college, community college. You can pad your grades and then reapply. Why cut down standards based on color?

Racisim.

But we can't say that.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,999 Posts
I disagree, t5turbo

With this statement:

"Tangible antiwar protesters in Vietnam days spend alot of energy during the entire process, not B 4 election alone..And the war lasted 12 years!!! zero acomplishmnet.. other that blowing out of proportion the so call "public opinion" opposed war so instead of sending I million troops and, right or wrong, end the conflict, we kept a war based in public perception = disaster "

I would say they had an accomplishment: they got the usa to pull out of vietnam, and smeared nixon along the way.

As a result of lack of military presence in the region Pol Pot came to power and millions of innocent Cambodians were slaughtered in an overwhelming repeat of Chairman Mao's Cultural Revolution in that country.

You want a good reason why young people are idiots and should not get involved in politics, examine the mentality of Mao during the sparking of the cultural revolution, and the Red Guard's actions during the 10 years of it's existence.

Empty heads let go on a Lord of the Flies extravaganza.

Anti War protesters killed more Cambodians than any American stray bombs in 12+ years of the Vietnam Conflict. They should stand proud by what they accomplished... bastards!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
I know plenty of blacks who came UNGLUED when they found out simply because they were BLACK...that they didn't need to bust their a$$es in high school because they only needed a 2.0 GPA to get in. My friends daughter Jenny, for instance busted her a$$ in extra cirriculars and academics to come out as class valedictorian with a 4.0+ GPA. When she found out that many of the girls in the college class at Fla State had a 2.0 or less GPA and got accepted into the same program as her....and her friends who happened to be white had higher grades and WER NOT accepted...she came unglued about 'fairness'

My 4.0+ white daughter is at UF, she is so special when I asked once (she was in HSchool) what she knew about demographics she told me 50% blacks 50% whites or mix...so as you can see she got 0% "influence" from daddy (our area is predominant white but big mommas get away with false addresses to get their "kids" to pollute*) so I guess from there she got the 50 50
Now at UF is like you said, we went from slowing down the class to pull some good ones to make room for the no so good ..Nothing to be proud in my book

*big mommas have good intentions, their kids not.
 
241 - 254 of 254 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top