Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTR'S RULE

There's been a lot of talk here about how the z's have pathetic brakes, i agree to a point and am looking for some imfo on brake upgrades.The GTR Skyline has the Brembo brakes and obviously these are the ultimate brakes but how many of us can afford the suckers ? { Brembo's i mean } I have found the brakes on my 90/91 tt to be ok until pushing the limit, like several high speed stops one after the other and they start to show their weak side, also they can feel spongy at times on the freeway in traffic .What i want to do is find out what model Skylines or other compatable models have superior brakes so i can get second hand rotors and calipers from them and bolt up to my front and rear end ?I have a contact in Jap importers wrecking that can get me any model Nissan ever made and at a very good price, so i can access the parts, i just need some imfo on which one's to get PS. on the up side i think Nissan were way ahead of the game in 1989 and 90 when they made the first z32 models and hey what other model cars had 4 spot calipers at that time ??I mean Toyota Supra's didn't have these until 1995 and ABS wasn't available except as an option so as i said the z was/is good i just need better/bigger brakes and i don't want to buy new from Stillen etc so come on z men, i need help !

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RE: GTR'S RULE

Hey;

I can't really help you much...if you go to z32.com...the guy there has GTR brakes on his z and did a short write-up-review...check it out. You can e-mail him direct, I have in the past he's always keen to help.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.