ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, those turds at the high performance parts place where I was gonna buy my Ross Pistons and main/rod bearing, and all those goodies for $1200 emailed me today. Yes that kit is still available they say, but you had to wait 4-5 weeks for the pistons to be made. Wtf?? There is no disclaimer on there site about a wait that long for some **** pistons. How long does it take to put in the computer, "Hey make me some pistons for a 280ZX turbo" "ENTER" and wait? Grr...well I'm open to options. Anyone know of a kit for rebuilding a bottom end that might preferably have the parts in stock, or can get them very very quickly? I have the block in the back of my dad's truck and told him it'd only be in there for a week while I wait for the parts to arrive. So I need some forged pistons with pins and rings, main and rod bearings, and some ARP rod bolts (if needed for just over 300hp). Anyone know of some kits or anything?

·
Registered
880 Posts
try to go thru ross directly? i waited maybe 2 weeks max! there are not to many people putting forged pistons in z cars and most of the pistons are made to order, kit or not! for my L-28 stroker forged pistons and rings i payed around $700, maybe less than that cant remember!

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remembered Top End Performance. They have JE Pistons, and allllll kinds of stuff including a turbo oil pump, which I need, rod AND main bolts and all those goodies, and only costs about $90 bucks more than the other kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.