ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to be on a list of people that are intrested, and get notified personally, click on 88hybrid, and send me an email. After I test these parts out, I may consider making a few of them, since I can make a jig. I never thought about it until 1sikz mentioned it, but this part will allow someone wanting to install a turbo set-up into there N/A much easier. The big turn off to installing a turbo on an N/A to most people, is the fact that the crossmember must be changed out. This part would only require that the turbo manifold is installed. You won't have to pull the motor to swap in a turbo. I could probably make them for a fair price, that most could afford. I just dont know how it would work with the stock upper intake. Im sure it could be worked out easily though. If all my parts combined work as well as I think they will, I also may consider these as a "Power Package" and could sell a kit. The intake is a bitch to make, and the kit would be kind of expensive, but the gains would make it worth it. FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!. Does this sound intresting to anybody?

The part so far:

Post Edited (Aug 17, 3:40pm)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: group buy?

**** YEAH SIGN ME UP. U CAN MAke alot OF MONEY doing this.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Hybrid, let me build an intake that (in my mind) would be easier to fabricate, and possibly not need to lower the motor. If you are pleased with my desigen, I'll let you use it. Or, maybe I could make them, sell them to you at a "wholesale" price, and you can then sell them for whatever you would like.....I should be able to start on one this weekend, I'll e-mail you pics as I go.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Author: johnndrew24
Date: Aug 17, 12:43pm

**** YEAH SIGN ME UP. U CAN MAke alot OF MONEY doing this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

only if you people want them, spread the word, I would like to see at least 10 REAL orders first. I will have to come up with a price that is fair, but makes it worth my time. The kit will include the braket (mine is in rough form now, needs to have welds grinded, and powdercoated.) and the wastegate/manifold extention peice ( i know, you still havent seen it yet)
But it will be nice. 304 Stainless Steel in what is used instead of mild steel, which rusts, and doesnt have as high a heat tolerance. I guess the wastegate could be optional .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: 1sikZ
Date: Aug 17, 2:35pm

Hybrid, let me build an intake that (in my mind) would be easier to fabricate, and possibly not need to lower the motor. If you are pleased with my desigen, I'll let you use it. Or, maybe I could make them, sell them to you at a "wholesale" price, and you can then sell them for whatever you would like.....I should be able to start on one this weekend, I'll e-mail you pics as I go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to great! Lowering motor is a non issue with this part though, you dont have to worry about hitting frame rail with the turbo. Not only that, but lowering engine is a very good way to lower the center of gravity, thus inproving handling. Kinda like a bunch of benifits from one mod!!

Post Edited (Aug 17, 4:21pm)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I would be interested in this if it wasnt too exspensive, once you have a final sale price let us know and I may be interested.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you're making a complete kit for a reasonable price, I'm in. I think someone quoted out all the parts together including crossmember for about $600. If your kit could perform the conversion AND add more power....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Would your kit include the custom turbo manifold?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah I would like to see a price but I am very interested in this kit:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.