ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm with slick...

Why would you want to bolt weight on? What does it achieve? Your car looks bigger? Your car looks lower? It sticks to the road better at 180 MPH? I'm for keeping it clean. You can reduce the stance for the same price of skirts and scoops--and that doesn't include painting costs.

As for the car pictured, that is the MSA front and rear. Who knows about the skirts they look kinda flaired. Also I don't believe the lower portion of the front dam with the vent/light holes is not part of the MSA front. That is the front and rear I have chosen if I ever decide I need bumpers--it looks really clean and nice--but WITHOUT and scoops or dams and definitely without the skirts. That's all I need: a couple pieces of fiberglass hanging down a couple inches from the dirt.

steve 77

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just my opinion mind you, but that's really ugly. The original lines of the car are really nice and that package just ruined it. A nice front air dam is ok but I'd be embarrased to own that thing...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think that the front MSA kit is nice and the rear as well.. U have to keep in mind that owners of 280zs have a tuff time finding an attractive bumber. I agree about the side skirts though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ahhh come on, sure the original lines of the car of beautiful, but i think it does the car a great justice for it to be able to update so nicely. With this kit it is prob to role into an import tuner show and steal it! Just remember guys, we all love Z's that is our common thread, some just love them different ways. If you like the kit, get it, it cuts out about 60lbs with the bumpers and bumper shocks off, but may i suggest the clear headlight covers, just completes the look. How many other 25 year old cars to you see people tuning? the z will live on! joe75z

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, please help! I can't get into the site to see the pictures you are all looking at. Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong. I did have a 1972 240 with a ground effect package plus it had a giant whale tail on it and i did get some positive comments on the car. Now I have a 1981 280zx but I must say I like the 240 better . The lines are just a little nicer. I also think if had the choice I would take the 240 with out the package on it.Anyway guys, please explain to me how to view the photo on this site , thank you .

matt
hollanding landing Ont.
Canada

p.s. looking for a good z-mechanic in my area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.