ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my front bumper and want to fill the hole between the upper and lower grille of my 77. I considered using expanded metal or like, but have come up with an idea of buying 5 or 6 of the lower grilles (which have the one longer vane) and cannabalizing the one long vane from each and fabricating a 'fill' section. What have others done to fill this hole?

steve 77

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have yet to see this on a car, but have seen it on many trucks. You take a bunch of lengths of 1/4"x1/2 or 3/4 aluminum bars, and build a backing behind drilling and taping into the back of the flat stock and bolting it all togetyher to make a grill. Better yet, find a buddy who can get it TIGed for ya. You could polish it up, and it would be a wicked custom touch as well as strong. It's kinda hard to explain what I mean, I'll try to draw it ... Probably still easier than trying to peice together several front ends. Could be cool and classy looking, and not cheezy honda style mesh.

[ ]
_____________[ ]
[ grill [ ] <BOLT threaded in from back
[____________] ]
[ ]
[ ]
backing> [ ]
_____________[ ]
[ [ ]
[____________ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]

·
Registered
241 Posts
you can still have that V!

If you want the v, it still can be bent, just a little more difficult to do. you just cut a v out of the barstock, leaving 1/4", and beg your buddy to tig the back for you. This has to be done to get it on trucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.