ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good things come to those wait and patiently scrounge the boneyards. I got my LSD!!

Greg, how much would it cost me have a cross member made up like yours to retain the finned cover? That is an awesome piece. Hopefully it is not terribly expensive or will take a long time.

Scottie

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Just involves some welding. I can't weld worth a ****, but I have a mig welder at the shop. It's just a few pieces of 2 inch square tubing. The guy that welded it isn't around anymore and I don't have any buddies who can weld. Basically you use your rear brace to get the saddle straps, weld the tubing to clear, then cut away the original brace. I can probably get someone locally to copy mine, but nothing in the next few days. Or I can send you a ton of pics of this one from every angle so you can have one made. If there is anybody in the DFW area that can weld decently give me a call. I have the welder and I think the material laying around. have a prototype to copy, just need the skill.
greg

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Welder/Z expert

Steve Ehlers at Rising Sun automotive could do the work - and he knows the Z car too. Problem would be finding time when he could work your car in.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey Greg, you have the welder,Why not practice up?get a bunch of scrap,...after about 20 feet or so of weld you will be pretty good;try all kinds of shapes and fits,you can sell the practice as ART.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.