some good drag radials. My nittos were spinning bad
even with the relatively
good 60 ft. I have run a
1.84 with em spinning
before so I know I'm close to gettin her down in the 8.40's. The
people at the track were
AMAZED!! They couldn't
believe the times I was
running with a SIX cylinder!!!! Alot of them swore I was using Nitrous. LOL Our good old Z cars got some real Respect tonight from the guys and the girls! Its alot of FUN to whoop up on them V8 Mustang and Camaro boys using just two SU carbs!! One of these days I just have to get a triple SU setup, I'm sure that the car would be at least an 8.20 car with the added airflow capacity those carbs are capable of supplying! Well. until next time,later ,norm

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Good Numbers</b>

Norm,

RIGHT ON MAN!!!!

Those numbers are getting really good. Keep up the good runs. Sounds like a hot night at the strip. Glad to hear ya kept the mustangs and camaros in line.

Triple SU's... I saw about 6 or 7 of these setups at the West Coast Nationals. Who made manifolds for these setups?

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Good Numbers

Kinda wondered about triple SUs' myself. What do they use on the 510 when they run duel carbs, are they seperate duel runner manifolds? How about 3 of them for us...gotta do some research.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Triple SU Manifolds</b>

There out there all right.... never saw any until the West Coast National's.... In each case... these guy's had some real clean setups.... chrome domes on the SU's... most of it looked like show and go cars.

Never seen them advertised or seen anyone talk about them... I currently have some SU's setting in the garage, collecting dust... so I was wondering... I want to do a 70 or 71 project and go all the way like Spencer.

Dennis

·
Registered
149 Posts
RE: Great night at the track in my 2.9L junkyard d

Very good!!!
Now tell us, Do you recomend now the Diesel crank?

Keep it up!!!
Danilo

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
danillo,the diesel crank rocks

Danillo, I love the torque gains u get with the diesel crank and I believe the lack of bigger HP gains over my stock block 280 is due mainly to lack of enough carbueration. I cranked the motor on up to 7000 RPM last night but did not speed shift it.and I still beat the 8.55 I had run with the stock block 280 motor which was done on a 20 degree colder night. Had I speed shifted, it I would have run 8.40's with ease,but I don't want to break another crankshaft for a tenth of a second gain like I did with the two previous 280 cranks. later,norm

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Great night at the track in my 2.9L junkyard d

Junkyard does it again. Lights, music, shouting and applause. Let give it to that bad 2.9 Z car. Mustang owners beware of the Dog. Go Z Go Z then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ roars off the finish line wishing for the stars for surely they are with in reach.

norm wrote:
-------------------------------
Had a great time at the
track in Wilkeboro,N.C.
tonight. My 2.9L finally
came through for me with a
new personal record!! I ran a [email protected] 80.94 MPH with a 1.877
60 ft. The car is
definetly capable of
8.40's I just need to get
some good drag radials. My nittos were spinning bad
even with the relatively
good 60 ft. I have run a
1.84 with em spinning
before so I know I'm close to gettin her down in the 8.40's. The
people at the track were
AMAZED!! They couldn't
believe the times I was
running with a SIX cylinder!!!! Alot of them swore I was using Nitrous. LOL Our good old Z cars got some real Respect tonight from the guys and the girls! Its alot of FUN to whoop up on them V8 Mustang and Camaro boys using just two SU carbs!! One of these days I just have to get a triple SU setup, I'm sure that the car would be at least an 8.20 car with the added airflow capacity those carbs are capable of supplying! Well. until next time,later ,norm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.