ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i posted about a possible cracked block.. or head gasket...
but.. MUCH to my relief...
i found the leak.

in my radiator.. there was a pin hole that i actually just happened across... i was reaching and something sprayed my hand..
but anyways.. it was spraying on one thing.. and the fluid ran down that thing... and onto another.. and by the time it was done.. it was dripping down the block.. as shown in those photos.
but.. it would only do it while i was driving.. and shortly after due to the pressure built up in there.
so i am extremely relieved to know that its only the radiator..
especially because i planned to replace it within the next couple of months anyway. Also the waterpump. (due to an overheating problem when the A/C is on)
any suggestions about the best radiator for my car... N/A 80 280ZX... would be appreciated.
i'm thinking either a two or three core aluminum one. which is better for spirited driving on a regular basis? the two or three? and where do i acquire one? online? a catalog? any local radiator shop? and what do they cost?
i'm a novice on this subject...and could use all the help i can get.
thanks!
this is great news.. i feel like a two ton weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!

-Justin

· Registered
5,716 Posts
That is great news. Even better news is that you discovered it before you ripped the motor apart. Sorry, no comment on the radiator. No experience there except getting stock ones rodded out.

· Registered
61 Posts
Hey I have a 1980zx that had the same problem. It is so easy to remove this radiator. It took my dad and I about an hour in all. Plus a brand new (hot re-cored) radiator cost me 150 buck. I go it from a local radiator wharehouse in Omaha Ne. It's a 2 row.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.