ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my local Nissan dealership today to get some parts for my 240Z and got some great news about the new Z!!! One of the Nissan Southeast factory representative's was there,and I got an opportunity to speak to him. He told me Nissan will put a six cylinder in the new Z and right now the most likely engine is a 2.5L INLINE SIX!!!! He said they are looking also at possibly using a V6 or as a long shot ,a 2.0L Inline six twin turbo,but he said this engine will likely not be used because of the expense! He said U.S. Nissan execs told the Japanese execs that no way would a 4 cylinder be accepted with American consumers. Also, he said the Front end has already been redesigned and the rear end has been lengthened slighty and somewhat resembles the old Porsche 928!!! The bad news is that he said it will probably be a 2002 model before it hits the showroom. So, it looks like as long as Nissan doesn't get bought out ,that we will get the Z car we are asking for!!! Also, he said the SKYLINE GT will be coming to the U.S. as an Infinti!! Hope this good news encourages you all!! Later,norm

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.