ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. I took off a bit early from work and took the lower front end of the Z off which was not fun. Will Duct tape the front air dam on tomorrow or this weekend and install. The rear spoiler from Motorsports came as usual with no instructions and I have to take off the Datsun 280Z logo things off to install the spoiler properly. I am thinking about re-installing the logo things on the back of the spoiler. As for paint I am not sure. It is stock silver metallic and I am uncertain about repainting... I would like a catch me F*** me bright yellow or red or burgundy or ????? How about a few suggestions on that part.. Thanks..

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got one of those motorsport spoilers (the 3 piece one). The fit sucks. I took a grinder to it and it seemed to help. How did yours fit? Did I just get a bad one?

> Well. I took off a bit early from work and
> took the lower front end of the Z off which
> was not fun. Will Duct tape the
> front air dam on tomorrow or this weekend
> and install. The rear spoiler from
> Motorsports came as
> usual with no instructions and I have
> to take off the Datsun 280Z logo things off
> to install the spoiler properly. I am
> thinking about re-installing the logo things
> on the back of the spoiler. As for paint I
> am not sure. It is stock silver metallic and
> I am uncertain about repainting... I would
> like a catch me F*** me bright yellow or red
> or burgundy or ????? How about a few
> suggestions on that part.. Thanks..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Color-- "Mid-Life Crisis Yellow"

> Motorsports came as

Grandpa,

My '78 was originally silver, then painted red before I got it. After having it seven years I was very tired of red. Everyone has a red sports car (No offense Phantom) So I wanted something real loud and different. One day , while in the same position as you, I saw a Yellow Dodge Viper that took my breath away. It must've been mid-life crisis. Istarted dreaming of yellow tulips. We won't go there.

I was hooked, no turning back, I haven't regretted it one bit. I personally don't think there is a hotter color than Viper yellow, Ferarri yellow, Porsche's speed yellow, etc. No not the lemon color that Datsun painted them from the factory, or the orange Mustang yellow, but the Yellow that screams, Look at me!!! And the looks and compliments-- great for the ego.

Anyway, I just bought my second Z yesterday, a '73 240. I haven't decided what exactly to do with it yet (cut it up and make a hot convertible, leave it a coup but add street flares, etc., or turn it into a 250 GTO. But since I'm too attached to my first one, and am not going to sell it, I have to decide what color all over again. If I wasn't keeping my 280 it'd be a no brainer--YELLOW. But two yellow cars....I'm sure I'm in mid-life crisis.

Matt

PS, I haven't told my wife yet. Our fourth boy is due to make his entrance in April. Not a good time to bring home another selfish toy. I don't know if I can wait that long to start tearing into it. I'm not only in mid-life crisis, I'm in deep do do.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Black Stripe - Vanity Tag: BUMBL Z

Chevrolet has a brilliant Competition yellow thaat will almost blind you with its intensity. Paint a nice black stripe up the middle - like the white one on Zack and bet yourself a vanity liscense plate that reads: BUMBL Z That should give you a reputation - especially if you put one of those louder than Hades Greddy mufflers on it with the 5 exhaust tip - you'd even sound like one.
Man - talk about mid-life crisis! It must be contagious!
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about 91TT yellow pearl

>Its expensive, as its a 3 stage paint, but I've been thinking of it for my next color (96 Corvette dark green metallic now)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Please, paint it green.

> Motorsports came as

I am partial to green myself Grandpa, and I would like to see another really nice green Z out there. I have only seen a couple of green Z's my entire life, and to have another nice one cruising around, clad in green would be cool.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
> Motorsports came as

I agree with Chris about green. My 70Z is British racing green. I think, as do a lot of people who've seen my car, that the lines of the old Zs are beautifully set off in this color. The purists may say that it's not an original Z color, but there seem to me to be many more modified old Zs around than there are concours de elegance precise restorations. And the modified look great. Viva la green! And Chris, since there aren't many of us greenies out here, if you'll send me your snail mail address I'll you a photo.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Green is way cool, too

> I agree with Chris about green. My 70Z is
> British racing green. I think, as do a lot
> of people who've seen my car, that the lines
> of the old Zs are beautifully set off in
> this color. The purists may say that it's
> not an original Z color, but there seem to
> me to be many more modified old Zs around
> than there are concours de
> elegance precise restorations. And the
> modified look great. Viva la green! And
> Chris, since there aren't many of us
> greenies out here, if you'll send me your
> snail mail address I'll you a photo.

Yes, I went with Viper Yellow, but there are some deep greens out there that had me considering. This is a very serious consideration for my new 240 project. A british racing green convertible 240....hmm.

Matt

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: Color-- "Mid-Life Crisis Yellow"

hehe No u are in Deep Deep Do Do hehehe a 4 child and that :) or in nother word u bit the big one. Or the 4 big one. Well they look little but they eat money like a BIG Baby..... Man I wish u luck I love the Zs but a baby can bite u on a tail of no return.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Green is way cool, too

> Yes, I went with Viper Yellow, but there are
> some deep greens out there that had me
> considering. This is a very serious
> consideration for my new 240 project. A
> british racing green convertible 240....hmm.

> Matt

yea, the old Z lines are coplemented by green...I painted my old Z teal green (from an '88 suzuki samuri color) back in 1989 - WAY before everybody had a teal colored car - and it turned a lot of heads. There are a lot of newer teal colors that work well too - not too flashy, but not ordinary either...the car was near perfect...
Unfortunately - some @#*%!!! rear-ended her, and now my replacement is WHITE (uggh!) I'm almost finished on the new Z to replace my old one, but don't want to do
too extensive a paint job on this one. does any body have any ideas on how to make a white Z (early 260) look good?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.