ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought Id open a thread on this topic, exactly what the titles says. Any advice on GPS trackers, brands, installations (ie should i just get a battery powered one or should i try to hook it up to the car and give it a battery trickle slow charge so that its always on? if so any ideas on it?) the post I saw on this was from 2007 so I thought that id get some fresh information on this. I also don't want to have to send the car in anywhere to get this done. I want to do everything to my car myself so something that I could install myself. Also preferably something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg every month and/or year. Would prefer a one time payment type thing. Have an 83 Datsun 280zx NA

· Super Moderator
8 / 71 240Z, HLS30-40031, L24-052899, Sunshine Yellow
331 Posts
Just a thought, I don’t know.
There is a “Find my Device” app that works on Android phones and tablets.
Even obsolete phones not associated with a phone number can get online with WiFi.
If an old phone, left on and charging but sleeping would still use the “Find my Device” app without WiFi, that would be as cheap as it gets.
A cellphone left on charge shouldn’t drain the battery much.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy an Apple AirTag if you have an Apple phone or iPad. The AirTag can be hidden in the vehicle and will report it location through any iPhone in a 30 foot radius back to your Find My app.
I dont have an iPhone but android does have the same thing basically called smart tag, it's only $20 too so I just ordered one and will test out how it works. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts