ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car rides like a DREAM! Dead as an arrow, no wheelhop, turns a lot tighter (new ball joints), and it's not even aligned!

The testpipes sound like sh*t. I'm admit it Luminar, you were right. It's raspy as **** right at 2500RPM. I'm reserving judgement until I get resonators back on the mufflers, but for now I hate them (except the performance gain was pretty nice).

Taking it to my buddy to have it detailed in the next few hours, pics coming then.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the entire Energy Suspension Pro Kit, so yeah botha those. Because I did every one in the kit, I can't tell you exactly what made the difference, but ****, the whole kit made such a badass difference it's unbelievable.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Taking the car to be detailed? I would rather let someone handle my money than clean my car. Brother, we need to talk. You are too young to get a car detailed. I love to spend the afternoon cleaning a car, especially with the nice weather we have had the last few days around here.

Regards,

Glen

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
midlife - We did do it ourselves! 7AM-5PM Wednesday to Wednesday! By "got the Z back" I mean it's finally down off the lift and driveable, sorry for the confusion.

Glen - My buddy is a detailer for Folger Subaru and I got it free. I helped! Promise!

Bryan - NA. Raspy as in, at 2500RPM it sounds like an exhaust leak from ****--like the whole exhaust system is going to rattle right off. It sounds awful, haha.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The best way to describe it is this:

Before my car rode rough in that "your-performance-car's-suspension-is-over-16-years-old-and-completely-shot" kind of way. Now it's rough in that "your-suspension-is-tuned-and-badass" sorta way. It feels like a new car in that the squeaks, rattles, etc. are gone, but it is a pretty bumpy and hardcore ride--fitting for the sportscar that it was meant to be. I love it.

UPDATE ON TEST PIPES: The more time I spend in the car, the more I like them. It sounds bad for a street car, but just like a race car.

Post Edited (Feb 2, 1:47pm)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.