ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O MY GOD!!! it's fast as **** up untill now i had never driven a turbo i used to have a 85 300 N/A the top end of the motor was rebilt and it was almost to powerfull for me i think this one will be just fine well im going to go for a cruse!! peace!!!

86 300zx turbo no mod's

·
Registered
782 Posts
Are you the one who was looking to buy the hybrid turbo? what kinda boost you running right now. Yeh it was a pretty big change when I went from a non-turbo with nos to the turbo. At least with a turbo you dont have to refill your power adder and plus its like a normal car until you feel like spoolin it up not to mention better gas mileage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"no i was not looking for the hybrid turbo" and im runing 4-1/2 to 5 psi just the factory set boost but im going to get a boost ajustment valve and craink it up to 8-1/2 9 psi after i get a boost gauge

86 300zx turbo no mod's

·
Registered
14 Posts
With an 85 NA, what parts are needed to go over to a turbo system like you describe? Any recommendations if you wanted a modest performance bump on a budget?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did not put a turbo on an N/A that would be stupid!!! if your thinking about that just sell your N/A and buy a turbo

86 300zx turbo no mod's

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its just a pain the vg30e motor was crainked up just about as far as you could go right from the factory wy bother? the vg30et allredey has a turbo i just dont think its worth it thats my 2 pennys

86 300zx turbo no mod's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.