ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way to football practice saturday mornin when i got stopped. the cop said i was doin 80 (but i wasnt sure cuz my gauges dont work) so he gave me ticket for 25 over the limit. i honestly dont think i was doing but about 65. the tickets gonna cost me 280 bucks. BUT, the road i was on was un-marked so that makes the speed limit legally 65 which puts me 15 over the limit bringin the ticket down to 115. the cop told me that he clocked me doing 80, he was going the opposite way so unless he was waitin for me to come over the hill with his radar gun, there was no way he could have done that. and on the ticket it says "alleged speed 80" so i might be able to get out of this ticket all in all

·
Registered
724 Posts
What do you mean he couldn't get you going the other way (coming at you)? Ever heard of VASCAR? Stands for visual average speed computer and recorder, works in both directions and is deadly accurate. As far as that goes, so does the speedgun when placed pointing backwards and viewed through the cop's rearview mirror. Sounds like have something in common with the steak I just had for dinner.......you're both cooked. Take your lumps and slow down. Be glad if you get a chance to go to traffic school. At least that will help a little.

Special Ops Lives!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Telling a judge (or cop for that matter) that your speedo dosen't work will only get you the speeding ticket that you have been issued plus another fine for a defect on your car. Just pay the fine and be done with it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Got a ticket in Alabama for improper passing. Fine was $20, court costs was $122. I didn't go to court, but still had to pay the court costs. My pass was totally legal, but it made no difference. The system there is to create revenue for a poor county. If you drive at all through Coffee County, sooner or later you are going to pay a fine. Haven't had a ticket other than that in 38 years, so it pist me off pretty good. That has accomplished nil. Pay the fine, fix your speedo, and slow down to the limit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
be lucky for only being pegged for speeding.

i just recently got pegged for a red light violation and only a week later i got cought doing 90 in a 65, exp license (long story. funds didnt reach sac town till a lil later) and no proof of ins (couldnt find till AFTER CHP left). . now my car sits in an impound lot untill the end of this month. mandatory 30 day hold they said which is funny cause thats when my court date is, go figure.

yeah. just peachy

rant: over

·
Registered
860 Posts
...and upon arriving late, your coach said, "Drop and give me Twenty and when yur dun, give me five laps around the field" (Don't you wish it was that easy!)

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got a 95 in a 55 a 60 in a 30 passing in a no passing zone unsaif passing unathurised lights and thanks to my loyers office driving w/o a lisens all at one time ha beat that

86 300zx turbo
jesus drove a ford thats wy he walked everywhere!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its kinda funny. my bro gets pulled over so much and never gets a ticket. the first time he got pulled over- no proof of insurance, curfew violation, open contaners, minors in the vehicle (he only had a permit) no front license plate light, speeding-and drove away with 7 warnings. only time he's ever gotten a ticket is for an m.i.p. and they arrested him for it

·
Registered
724 Posts
I got a speeding ticket from a dickhead Alabama Highway patrol back in 85 on my way from Arkansas to Florida going home on leave for Christmas. A few months later I got stationed at a base in the panhandle of Florida. That summer, we had a bunch of Air Force reservists come in to our squadron (security and law enforcement squadron). I was taking rollcall when I came across this guy that looked familiar. Asked him what he did in Alabama and he said he was a highway patrolman. Then......it hit me. I looked up at the sky and said to myself....."There is a God". That ***hole had to work for me for two weeks straight on twelve hour shifts. I did my best to make his life as miserable as I possibly could.

Special Ops Lives!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.