ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...i know its been a while since i've been on, but i have read everyhting that was posted to my last inquiry. Anyways, now i've bought the car, it's mine and all..

i thank everyone for their input...it runs soo sweetly...i was even able to hit 95 on the freeway without even trying...man...the power.

anyways, now i've got some more questions and stuffs.

wellz, it seems as thought the radiator's the only problem. if you let the car idle, the radiiator overheats and then ur stuck...i have no idea what's wrong...the fan works, but it still over heats.

then there are the cosmetics...the upholstery is kinda torn up...it's standable, but it's not super nice...so...i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to get new seats and stuff. Also, the carpeting is a little worn...after 22 years, tho, i would imagine it would be...any suggestions? and the back panel is a little jacked...more suggestions...the dash is cracked, but livable...and i'm wondering about the power of the battery...how much can it take? i wanna put the biggest baddest sound system into it. more suggestions

can a duel intake/exhasut system be put in?...

alright...that's all i've got for now. thanx for everyhting guys...and girls...whicever the case may be.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here are some links for you. GO to www.zcarparts.com amd order a catalog. Motorsports auto has a lot of stuff for Z's. Also www.zbarn.com has lots of parts to. I ordered my carpet from www.1aauto.com (I think that is the url) and it fits nice - about 200 bucks or something for the complete front a back. Zbarn has recovery kits for the seats as you will see on the site. I just got custom covers for 99 bucks from www.seatcoversusa.com.

As far as the radiator I had mine rodded out and cleaned. That helps alot.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Usually when it overheats only at idle, the problem is the thermostatic fan. Sometimes the outside of the radiator is partially clogged with debris - check between the radiator and A/C coil.

As for the sound system, you have to worry about the alternator, not the battery. The alternators are not that powerful so you might want to upgrade it, although it depends on how much power your sound system needs.

Dave

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you want my openion the vary first thing , get the car to a radeater shop right away !! If the engine overheats it is vary easy to warp the head and do all sorts of expensive damage. the secound and this is going to be hard but try and keep your foot out of the carb intill you have had it for a little while and have a good feel for how the car handeles . These cars are quick no doubt but they can jump up and bite you right in the a#$ , do your self a favor and take it one step at a time. As for your questions , the post about the alternator is right on . If you want answers you need to give more info. what year. carbs or injection turbo what kind of carbs and how manny Good luck Gary Portland Ore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.