ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was drivin my car around the other today and its started to over heat to about 230. it died at a redlight and kinda sounded like it was skipping a cylinder or to (real bad sputtering) when i got out there was water dripping from all over the bottom and steam coming out of i dont know where. oil pressure stayed fine and the motor has less than 50k so i dont think its a blown head gasket. let me know what you think please

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was driving down the highway once at about 70mph and all of a sudden steam started pouring out of my hood. I pulled over as quickly as possible and for some reason the hose had come off the top of the radiator. Of course the car was overheating majorly, and i had nothing with me to make the hose stay on. Lets just say getting home took a little longer that day... Moral of the story is that when I was finally able to check it out, my water pump had a few rust holes in it, and i guess it blew the cooling system? I had to miss work the next day to replace it and everything was fine again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its fine. i put about 2 gallons of water in it and it ran fine, theres been a small leak but i just figured it was comin from the a/c. the thermostat, radiator and water pump are brand new so i was pretty sure it wasnt those. im gonna see if i cant find the leak when it cools down. advice much appriciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.