ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just grabbed a Turbo from a 300ZX off a friend. What's the differences between this Turbo and the one from the 280ZXs? I'm interested in purchasing a turbo engine, minus the turbo, from a wrecking yard and putting this turbo in. From what i've heard, it's a larger one. BTW, this Turbo came off an '85 300ZX with 34k on the motor.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Well if its on an 85 it's the same size as the one on the 280s. A Garrett Aerosearch t3. Now if you go fro like 87-89 they put on t25s which are smaller and crappy. I think it was 87 they changed, I dont remember. Anyways, same size turbo. I dont think the 84s and 85s were watercooled though, but you should see an extra line going into it other than the oil feed line.

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
matt is right

it was a garret t3 on the 300's, if you want to do a search for more information then go to www.Z31.com you will find all you need there

james
pittsburgh pa

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: heres the link to what you want to know

hey man,

the way it was explained to me was the cartridge(center section and compressor and turbine wheels)are the same.the housings however,are a little smaller and tighter,and create more velocity and power at lesser boost.even to me it sounds crazy,but thats what was said.kinda makes sense but who knows.anyway hope this helps.

richie-280zxt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.