ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a good shop around Phoenix AZ that knows what theyre doing with a Z31 and wont charge as much as the dealer for diagnosis.

the dealer wants $150 to check less than what i have done myself...... so im pretty sure im looking at $250-$400 to actually find the problem and not fix it........... itll take me like 3 months to save that kind of money..........

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read through the post tittled "still the same........." That should give you a good idea what im up against here.................

What are you doing this weekend?
where do you live? Im located in glendale AZ.

Yesterday i decided that im going to test all the circutes on my wire harness.................. this is a real pain. Ill probably get the rest of that done tonite........ And after that i dont know what im going to do....but your welcome to take a look at it and try some ****.... i can go to you if you want.......

last night when i was checking **** out........... i found that the blue/white wire on the o2 has no continuity........ this wire also goes to the air regulator........ it has cont. between the AR and the o2 but none from the computer to the o2........ i thought this might be my problem...... so i hooked up a jumper between the comp. and o2......... hooked everything up and it didnt change anything.......... any idea if there is something between the comp. and where it splits to the AR??? it doesnt show anything on the diagram i have and i couldnt find anything...... but who knows..........

well if you think you want in on this than your more than welcome........

Post Edited (Mar 3, 1:18pm)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been testing sensor after sensor for the last couple days..........
I have a wire diagram from ALLDATA , they guy i bought the car from gave it to me with the car........ but its for an 87 and mine is a 86........ last night i found a couple differences.......... for example the y/g wire on the A.I.V control sol. valve is supposed to connect to pin #14 according to the diagram.......... when i look at pin 14 theres nothing there....... this is also true with the EGR and FPR control sol. valves........... im really starting to think ive got the wrong harness............ but i think i can wire it myself.... i just dont know if there are any differences with the comp..... and if it should be wired the same as the diagram.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the wiring harness i bought is definitely for a different comp setup.........i can get continuity from the AIV to the CHTS which according to my diagram are on different circutes..........and i dont see how the wires could be crossed............ this is really starting to piss me off......

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**** thats funny..................... i called the dealer about it........ they said there are 67 dif wire harness' made for the 86 model year........and they want $749.95 for the one for my car............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.