ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping for an intercooler and I have settled on a starion/conquest intercooler. I was wondering what a good price would be for one that is in very decent shape. I just visited the local junkyard and it seems that is the first thing to be scavenged on these cars. I think the guys that work there are selling stuff on the side. *wink, wink*

Thanks for the input,
-C.Wade

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree. Ebay is the best place to start. You may want to consider a Toyota Supra ~88-89 intercooler instead. It's probably larger than the Starion and it has the intake and exhaust on the same side of it. I installed one in my 280zx turbo '83, added dial-a-boost, and the car is now insanely fast. I bought one from Ebay for $200. You have to make some modifications up in the front (that's were I put mine.)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I tried the Starion intercooler on my '82 turbo. It is meant for a 2.0 liter engine and does not flow enough for a 2.8 liter. I couldn't get over 7 pounds of boost with the waste gate held shut. I normally run 12 pounds of boost. I ended up taking it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can get up to 21 PSI without any significant problems on the Supra intercooler, but it won't get anymore HP past 18.5PSI because I need more fuel or something :-( (Don't try this at home... I have a thicker and more fortified head gasket)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.