ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A machine shop in my area wants $360 to hot tank, bore and hone my block and for a three angle valve job, resurface, install new valve train, and pressure test head. The guy came recomended and sounds like he really knows what he is talking about. Is this a good price for the work? I am going to bring the block to him already stripped and the head with the complete valvetrain still intact.
Thanks
-C.Wade

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Sounds good for all the stuff you getting done. I paid about $500 for new polish valves, bronze valve guides, resurfaced valve seats, port and polish, and shaved .010" head.

· Registered
238 Posts
hmm i just got my p90a head hot tanked, sand blasted, resurfaced with a cutter, and a 2 angle valve job, and check out all the hydro lifters for 80 bucks. im not sure how much to get a block done but i can ask, they rebuild motors...its my friends shop...i have pics of the head if your interested. just email me at [email protected] if you wanna see his work...he has a honing machine to do blocks...its a cool shop,,,hidden from everyone...i lived at my place for about 18 years and i finally find out its 2 blocks from my house...hehe see yah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.