ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard these are the best clutches out there for the turbos. First of all is this true? I was planning on a centerforce dual friction setup, till someone told me they were a waste of money and the sucked. Also does clutch masters have different models to choose from? Just trying to get the biggest bang for my buck in the clutch depatment without getting shafted.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Dont know about Clutch Masters clutches, but I intend to install the Centerforce Dual Friction in my turbo 240 when the time comes. My decision is based on the fact that I have the Centerforce in a Mitsu Eclipse AWD turbo and it takes more abuse than a Z will dish out. Some of you might know that despite weighing almost 3200lbs and having only 2 liters, this is one of the quickest cars off the line. You could not spin the tires if it had 4 space saver spares. You have to rev it to 45-4700RPMs and brutally slip the clutch until the turbo spools up, then the car rockets off. It is the most popular clutch with the DSMers.

Scottie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Couldn't pay me to let them touch my Z!!!!!!!!!

They put a clutch in my z before I had confidence in my mechanical skills. IT WENT OUT IN TWO YEARS!!!! Cost me close to 300$ out the door, for that much I could have gotten a dual friction, and a 12 pack of beer! They also never adjusted it properly, I will never go back to Clutch mart again.
Travis 77z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.