ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need reccomendations for a good suspension set-up, my car is obviously an N/A but I will be doing the TT swap within the next 12-24 months, if that makes a difference...

Suspension on the Z32 is one thing I've never had a chance to look into, so what about

KYB adjustable shocks with
Eibach pro springs?

I dont have a ton of cash to invest, but I want something good for street/track use that wont drain my savings account.

Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
Prettymuch everyone here says KYB-AGX + eibach springs.

I've got the AGXs in stock springs (so my autocross class dosn't change) and I'm happy.

Some people like the Tokiko shocks. Both are good and are about the same though the adjustable Tokiko I'm told are a bit stiffer on their softest setting but I don't know that for sure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Tak

any other important parts that REALLY need to be added/replaced if replacing the springs/shocks?

·
Registered
220 Posts
With the Eibach springs you will also need to adjust the front camber.

Most people go with the 300degree kit sold by coz and other vendors to bring you back within spec.

Any drop lower than the prokit will require greater camber adjustment to the front and rear. At that point you will need adjustable front and rear set ups.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I tried Tokiko and they are too jittery for me. New stock is plenty stiff and the car handles great.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Heres what I did, because I could not afford coilovers, but this is a great set up IMO:

Tokico lums (4)
intrax 1" lowering springs
Bearing upper front adjustable arms (got mine from courtesy)
SPL rear lower arms
Stillen solid and adjusable front and rear sway bars
SPL adjustable tension rods with bearings
And of course my tires on my 18s which really help in the cornering =0)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh, I should also add that for me at least my AGX's were cheaper then stock shocks.

Also, with regard to needing extra bits, when I did my shocks I needed four new dust boots and 1 of those rubber bumpers (expensive). It came out to be $100+ in extra rubber stuff.

"they" also say that AGXs on their softest settings are about the same as stock. In theory I could confirm this because I have stock springs but I've never used the min settings on my AGXs and I don't remember what stock felt like any more.

1,096 Posts
I have the AGX's and all Spl pieces front and rear works great...You tend to loose a little ride quality but the gain with handleing is well worth it to me...Depends on what you want..

Ryan

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Frankly, unless your car needs these units to be changed and or you just want your ride dropped [z's are one of the few cars that don't need this stock], the stock suspension is very good if it's in good shape. I'd focus on replacing bushings and worn out control arms, tension rods, etc., before dumping cash into springs/struts. Not to mention you can go a long time on wearing struts/springs, but when your tension rods go you'll know it. I bought tein bushingless tension rods and got better feel from the front end. This is one of the very few cases I spent extra money instead of getting OEM.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
17" or 18" tires will probably do more than anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.