ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bad news is she had no insurance. The good news is she said to bring her 3 estimates and she said she would take care of it. I've got two so far one for $800 and one for $900. Also the 900 dollar place is owned by a Z fan, his parents bought him a new one when he graduated HS in 1980(still in the family BTW). He has a brand new front clip(hood, fenders, bumper, grill, maybe more?) still in the crates they came in, he said they have been siting in a garage for 10 years and hes going to let me it all for 200 bucks!

Now all I need is some doors, rocker panels, quarters, paint, floor pans and frame rails and I'm good to go.

I just hope she pays up with out taking her to court.

Justin T
1980 280ZX 10th AE

· Registered
2,156 Posts
if she doesnt have insurance she sure as **** cant afford 800

· Registered
961 Posts
Howdy...
Sorry to hear about your ride dude but if I where you I would have paid that guy $200 on the spot to make sure those parts don't suddenly go!! Just remember I'm sure it's somewhere in the book of " Murphy's Law" it must say " If you found something you really really need or want and you wait someone else will want it too..." there have been several times I hesitated then went back to get something and it was gone!!!

Well if you at least have her address (hopefully the real one and not a old license) and she isnt too far away you can always go by on a regular basis at alll kinds of hours asking " Wheres my $$!!!" Just do a couple of 3 am wake up visits and she will pay...you can always threaten to press charges sincve she did get into a accident with no insurance....If she is gnna start the " I'll pay you a little at a time " then goto a office supply store and get one of those predrawn legal contracts and make her sign on it and set up a payment plan (Yeah it will suck not getting it at once but at least you will have a legal binding contract to hold her too...)....

Well gotta go
Best of luck

Z ya later
Mike K

· Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shes got money I know she does, she was driving a '98 Blazer. My step-dad drove by thier house and its a pretty good sized house. The reason she didnt have insurance is she was a little late on her payment.

And about the parts if I had 200 bucks I would have owned them right on the spot.

BTW I ust got a 3rd estimate for $1200

Justin T

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Go to the following shops to get an estimate:

A) The Dealer

B) The Velver Hammer or Custom Auto Works or Auto Restorers R Us
(obviously generic names for the most expensive body shop in town)

Some of these guys will do estimates for free, some will charge you a nominal fee cause they know you're just getting the most expensive estimate and you're not coming back.

Use the 2 to 3 MOST expensive ones, and tell her she should pay the AVERAGE. That way you're "giving her a break" and at the same time getting the most buck for your bang (sorry, bad pun).

I had an uninsured motorist rear end me in a Buick Century '89. The one with the full width tail light lens. By getting quotes from the places I mentioned above, I received close to $800.00 from MY insurance company. I then took $200 for the lens, and did the repairs myself. Took me the better part of an afternoon but I earned roughly $90 / hr for the time it took me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.