ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried the 3M spray to try to get the vinyl glued back onto the backing of the panels in the hatch area (rear and left side -- 83' 280ZX). Does anyone have any recommendations? Any thing else work better? The vinyl seems to have shrunk over time and doesnt want to stretch back to conform with the shape of the panel.
Thanks!!!
Brian

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Mine has done the same thing. I am planning on replacing it with either a different piece of vinyl or a cloth of some type. Hopefully, that will be my project for this weekend.

Bob A.

·
Registered
96 Posts
you could use construction adheasive. i did this when working on my interior and it worked great. if you stick alot on tho you may be able to see marks in the vinal. just use a thing layer. it works. 3m also has stronger sprays. you may want to look at one stronger then yours if its not the better one. bah

will

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I used contact cement and it worked great on the side of my drivers side seat where the seam had split. I'm about to try it on the same panels as you but I'm not sure if it will eat into the vinyl. I'll test it and let you know

TM

·
Registered
179 Posts
Use a hair dryer to warm the vinel - not to hot - it will conform easily to the shape of the panel. Then use "HEAVY DUTY" adheasive.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Gluing interior panels 280ZX???</b>

I thought about the hair dryer. Good idea.
What kind of heavy duty adhesive? (Brand, type) Have you tried it on vinyl and where do I buy it?

Thanks!
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.