ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some loose emblems on the back of my Z.. they have pegs that fit into matching holes in the body, but the fit isn't tight enough to keep them there. I was thinking some sort of light-duty glue that will hold them but not prevent me from taking them off in the future. Either that, or clips to hold them from the inside.

What's the best way to go?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Double sided tape.</b>

I just had a hood emblem painted by a friend of mine, and used double sided tape to put it back.Doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and shouldn't damage the paint if I want to remove it, like I bet a glue would do.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
RE: Double sided tape.

Brian, The good news is that you don't need to use glue. The posts on your emblems have something called a "barrel clip" on them. As these things wear out the quit holding the pins securely in the hole. They are available at the Nissan dealership for pennies each. Don't use a "hack" solution on your Z.

·
Registered
50 Posts
use silicone caulk,clear, I am a carpenter and a shade tree mechanic for my Z hobby of course and I can tell you from experience,a small dab will do an excellent job and the emblem will sit flush unlike using double sided tape,also easy removal with a fresh single edge razor. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.