ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glove latch went this morning on 95 2+2. After researching, the problem is probably going to be the spring on the latch. It was for the other 40 or so latch problems. My problem is I cannot get the box out and do not want to force anything.

I read a write-up on TT Net - but they have revised the box and the description does not fit my car.

The top is adhered by a fabric that acts like a hinge. DOnt want to force this but how is it detached?

The writeup talks about some screws under the box, I have some round plastic rivits on a cover that is more aptly decribed as a heater vent. Are these removed? If so - do you just brute force pry them - there is no screw slot or phillips head.

Help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, got the accordian part of the top off. I cannot see what I am dealing with in taking off the cover to the heater vents. The top is round - but in feeling it from the underside it feels like a pointed screw heat connected to some kind of moulded clasp. Feels like I am going to break something if I just pry on it. I depressed these things and nothing happens - no pop no pull. Help me out Zazu!

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
This is your friend. Learn the FSM. Love the FSM

p.s. breaking 10 year old plastic clips is to be expected. You can always order more from Coz, if need be.

Post Edited (Jan 10, 2:09pm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.