ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm buying my first car and i'm looking at a 1987 Nissan 300ZX that i found in the Recycler. I just need some input or warnings about this car since i have no idea what's up with this car.

The ad says it has 85k miles on it, t-top, digital dash, epsilon 15x9 rims and new timing belt and injectors, oh and its manual.

I just need help on if this car is/isn't worth $3,500. By the way, does anybody have an specs on this car and if it has a turbo or not.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Your going to ask them if it's a turbo or not. Check the drivers side door jam to see when the date of manufacture was. If it turns out the Z is a turbo and it was made after 4/87, then you've gotten yourself a very nice car. It comes with the Garrett T-3 turbo, A Limited Slip differential, and a beefy transmission that will hold tons of power.

Look for these things specifically.

<http://z31.com/lookfor.shtml>

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm i was looking around that z31 site you gave me and found the how to tell them apart section. It said that 87 turbos have 16 inch wheels while non-turbos have 15 inch wheels. On the ad, it saiy it had Epsilon 15x9 rims...

with this info, can you conclude that this Z isn't a turbo? I'm assuming those rim numbers mean 15 inches wide 9 inches deep...is my assumption right?

oh yah, and i just noticed that this seller put in parenthesis "(RUKS300)" does that help any bit? so sorry for bugging you, but i dont wanna get a car i cant keep until the end of high school or even college.

Post Edited (Jul 3, 12:32am)

·
Registered
667 Posts
manny z's are still runing strong and will be for a long time there are reliable caes i hope you get and enjoy this one

i think 3500 is kinda steep but i would pay it if the car was verry nice and rust free

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
myfirstcar: Stock wheels are definetly not 15 x 9's so that doesn't help you as to if it's a turbo or not. I'm pretty sure stock NA wheels are like 6.5 inches wide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.