ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, someone dented my car today at work, not real bad just enough to put me over the top. I bought my 71 for 2K with a tired motor, and a tiring trans.but rust free(ok almost) body.
I was never much of a mechanic but after lurking around here and there(Bryan Little)
I decided to put in a new (junkyard) motor
Found a sweet one (81z) with great compression in all 6 holes for $200, and a early 5 speed that was rebuilt for $300
I do the transplant and it runs pretty good, so I am thinking about the body and paint next , and then I start getting overwelmed, with all the quirks of a 28 year old car,how far I have to go still and how bad I would have felt if someone dented it then, I want a driver not a Sunday driver
I realized how far over my head I am on this car for a beginer
time to park it for awile till i get the bug again, I know I will, just time to walk away for a bit
I will be back after I cool off :) thanks for listening to my rambling
Zya

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hang in there - I know how you feel! Bought my first Z in October for about the same price & by December it was down for the count & now 6 months later I'm still rebuilding! It can be discouraging but look at the bright side - you'll be driving a car that doesn't look like every other boring new car out there! Good luck!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>Happens to all of us..</b>

I know what you mean... My '75 has sat for as long as 2 years while I waited to be bitten. It is on a long streak now having run consistently for the last year.....

Zya
Tony Lynch

P.S. Check out our Club's website....

www.capitalzoftexas.com

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just take some time off. Why do you think it takes so long for most us to get our cars to way we like them. Building your dream car requires way more patience than skills and money. My advise, get a lot of books about your car and read and study. Sooner or later you will get the urge to go and start blocking out those dents and nicks. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.