ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten the damage fixed on my car (mostly just replacing fiberglass parts) and now comes my reason for driving that car. Cabin gain.

I've recently installed a 275watt RMS Kenwood Amp, to drive my 2 MB Quart 8" subs. It's an odd number because the nomial OHM load is 3, not the standard 4 or 2 or 1.3.

Herein lays the problem, which I'm hoping I can get some brainstorming ideas here. As far as sealing the interior I have a totally stock setup. A common virtue among ricers is to hear the stereo before you see the car. I hate this trait, and I don't like people hearing my system outside of the car. It also helps to have a totally proper seal to keep things from rattling. For example, it dB levels beyond 110, what do you people use to keep the hatch lid from rattling? This is my biggest problem. I'm looking to get the tightest seal possible all over the car.

I've never seen it posted, but I'm sure someone has gone through and tried to make their Z as quiet as possible. Sound deadener on the floors is an obvious answer, and that step comes next (as soon as I can afford it) But I'm also looking to get an airtight seal, or the next best thing. Are there suggestions?

It's off topic now, but what is the average price y'all have paid to have minor scratches painted, gloss redone and the paint updated in stock colors? I'm looking to get that "new" look again.

Adios, Ken.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.